Polargeist is the third level of Geometry Dash and Geometry Dash Lite and the first level with a Normal difficulty.
Polargeist introduces the yellow jump ring, beginning to extend the degree of jumping challenges, particularly during the second cube sequence. A single ship sequence takes place from 34% to 47%.
Secret Coins Edit
- The first secret coin is located at 44% and collected as the ship. Fly close to the ceiling while avoiding suspended blocks as the coin must be approached from above being shielded by a group of blocks below it. Descend upon collecting the coin to clear an oncoming block.
- The second secret coin is located at 63% and collected as the cube. After sliding down a column staircase, begin jumping up a series of platforms and slide off the fourth narrow platform to land on a brief line platform. Immediately jump again onto another line platform and through an exposed section of the approaching column with a jump pad that will launch into the coin and back onto the main route from a jump ring.
- The third secret coin is located at 77% and collected as the cube. After passing beneath overhead spikes, precisely jump to clear an oncoming spike as early as possible to hit a concealed gravity pad beside the platform. After being launched into a gravity portal, hit a jump ring to collect the coin and return to the ground, jumping immediately onto another jump ring to clear spikes.
- Polargeist originally held a Hard difficulty until Update 1.9.
- Using the cube constitutes 87% of the level, the longest duration played as a single form.
- Polargeist reveals the cyan gravity pad and gravity portal as part of collecting a secret coin, although they are not formally introduced until Dry Out and xStep respectively.
- Polargeist provides text instructions telling the player to "Tap while touching a ring to jump mid air" if colliding twice with the first spikes in the level.
- The name 'Polargeist' is a pun of poltergeist, another term for a ghost.
- Polargeist takes 1 minute and 33 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 119 jumps.